The Books of 1st, 2nd & 3rd John
I think of a few key ideas when I think of 1st, 2nd and 3rd John: Light vs. Darkness, Abiding in Christ rather than this world, God is love and we ought to love one another, and do not be deceived. It is a fantastic section of scripture. They are very short books and we are going to cover them quickly in this 4 week session. Here is a link to The Bible Projects overview of 1st, 2nd and 3rd John if you would like a more in depth description.
There are currently three different time slots available:
- Monday, Mornings @ 8:30am; May 3, 10, 17, and 24th, 2021
- Wednesday, Mornings @5:30am; May 5, 12, 19 and 26th, 2021
- Wednesday, Evenings @7pm; May 5, 12, 19 and 26th, 2021
Sessions will run for 60-90 minutes. Feel free to leave a meeting early if necessary. If you need to miss a meeting and just want to join the online group discussion throughout the week that is fine as well. I do encourage you to make as many meetings as possible.
Each time slot will be limited to a maximum of 10 registrants to give everyone time to join in the conversation.
- Weekly meetings will be held online through Zoom at your scheduled class time. During the meeting we spend some time in fellowship, go over class material, answer questions, pray, and go over the next week’s assignment. These meetings will NOT be recorded in order to protect the privacy of those attending. You will be sent an agreement ahead of time that will need to be signed and returned to the class instructor in order attend the meetings. This agreement will go over the guidelines for the class regarding what is expected of one another. It is incredibly important that all attending are in agreement regarding respecting one another and each other’s privacy.
- An online group, probably through Facebook, will also be available for people who would like to interact outside of class. This will give you the opportunity to ask questions and discuss what you’re reading through the week. These groups will include participants from all three time slots.
- These sessions are currently only available for women. I believe in the importance of women learning from women and men from men. I am hoping to find a man to lead some sessions as well. So, if you are interested in joining a mens group, please click on that option and you will be contacted when they become available.
- You must be at least eighteen years of age to join these sessions. While there is nothing inappropriate in the sessions themselves, sometimes discussion brings up topics that may not be age appropriate.