The Books of 1st & 2nd Peter
1st Peter gives great encouragement reminding us that we are not of this world and gives us instruction for living a godly life that bares witness and brings glory to God. A very fitting book to study for the time we find ourselves living right now. 2nd Peter backs up the previous book giving warning of false prophets and the importance of remembering the Word of God and keeping its teaching; especially in the midst of persecution. Here is a link to The Bible Projects overview of 1st and 2nd Peter if you would like a more in depth description.
There are currently three different time slots available:
- Monday, Mornings @ 8:30am; March 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29th and April 5, 12, 19 and 26th, 2021
- Wednesday, Mornings @5:30am; March 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31st and April 7, 14, 21 and 28th, 2021
- Wednesday, Evenings @7pm; March 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31st and April 7, 14, 21 and 28th, 2021
Sessions will run for 60-90 minutes. Feel free to leave a meeting early if necessary. If you need to miss a meeting and just want to join the online group discussion throughout the week that is fine as well. I do encourage you to make as many meetings as possible.
Each time slot will be limited to a maximum of 10 registrants to give everyone time to join in the conversation.
To register, click here.
- Weekly meetings will be held online through Zoom at your scheduled class time. During the meeting we spend some time in fellowship, go over class material, answer questions, pray, and go over the next week’s assignment. These meetings will NOT be recorded in order to protect the privacy of those attending. You will be sent an agreement ahead of time that will need to be signed and returned to the class instructor in order attend the meetings. This agreement will go over the guidelines for the class regarding what is expected of one another. It is incredibly important that all attending are in agreement regarding respecting one another and each other’s privacy.
- An online group, probably through Facebook, will also be available for people who would like to interact outside of class. This will give you the opportunity to ask questions and discuss what you’re reading through the week. These groups will include participants from all three time slots.
- These sessions are currently only available for women. I believe in the importance of women learning from women and men from men. I am hoping to find a man to lead some sessions as well. So, if you are interested in joining a mens group, please click on that option and you will be contacted when they become available.
- You must be at least eighteen years of age to join these sessions. While there is nothing inappropriate in the sessions themselves, sometimes discussion brings up topics that may not be age appropriate.