Planting | Maintenance | Harvest Course
Course Material Release Date is May 10th, 2022. Course material will be sent via email along with a link for the live stream event you choose during purchase.
This is one big old comprehensive course on growing a garden, from the perspective of a northern gardener. While this course is absolutely ideal for those of us growing in a short season, you’ll find this course is just as applicable for those growing in other areas; you simply have more time in which to apply all the knowledge. Yea for you! We’re all secretly a little bit jealous.
Who should take this course?
You’ll benefit from this course if you:
- are a new gardener and need a solid foundation to have a successful growing season.
- always feel as though you’re limping along all season in your current garden.
- are tired of hearing you can’t garden a certain way.
- are interest in learning some permaculture concepts.
- sick of spending all of your free time weeding.
- want to ENJOY your garden, not just work in it.
- are interested in extending your growing season.
- want to grow naturally without the use of pesticides or herbicides.
- need information on how to grow specific crops.
- don’t want to spend hours searching the internet for how to grow a carrot.
What subjects will the course cover?
Each of these topics will contain a wealth on information in and of themselves, but here is a general outline of the course itself. Each of these topics will be covered by video class; many of which will have coordinating class notes in the form of a downloadable pdf.
- Preparing Your Garden for Planting
- Till vs. No Till
- Dealing with Grass & Weeds in New Gardens
- Sourcing & Adding Amendments/Soil
- Laying Out Your Garden Plan
- Planning for Watering/Irrigation
- When to Plant Your Crops
- Garden Maintenance
- My Favorite Tools for Garden Maintenance
- Weed & Pest Prevention
- Watering Your Garden
- Mulch, Fertilizer & Compost
- Replanting After a Harvest – Succession Planting
- Pruning, Trellising, Etc.
- Care & Harvest for Specific Crops
- Beans (Green/ Shelling/Dried)
- Rutabaga, Turnips, Kohlrabi
- Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Kale, Brussels Sprouts
- Cucumber, Squash, Melons
- Using Shade Cloths, Row Covers and Frost Protection
- Harvest Extension
- Pest Control
- Crop Protection
- Bringing in the Harvest
- How to Know When Crops are Ready for Harvest
- Being Prepared for the Harvest
- End of the Season Care
- Take Note for Next Year’s Garden
- End of the Season Cleanup
- My Favorite Gardening Resources
BONUS Live Stream Event!
This class is a comprehensive course loaded with information. However, everyone’s growing conditions are different. That’s where these live streams are invaluable! Not only can you pick my brain for specific answers to your questions, but you’ll have the opportunity to connect with others who may be in the same situation as you. This live stream will be recorded and added to the course content so you have access to it as well. End up not being able to attend the live stream you signed up for? No worries! You will still benefit from everyone else’s questions and conversations.
Don’t miss this opportunity.
After the initial launch of the Garden Planning Course, Growing Storage Crops Course and the Planting|Maintenance|Harvest Course, regular live stream events will not be offered so take advantage of these opportunities today! I promise it will be well worth the investment.